Friday, April 1, 2011

Poetry Idea : Chris

Chris
I can remember
Almost perfectly to this day
Your expression
Your face
At my brothers wedding
How much you truly hated the place
And just about
All of the people in it

I can remember the smells
I can remember the sounds
But with you
With you it's all different

I can remember your music
The Bow-Wow blasting
Out of your hidden headphones
That deep disgusting smell
One of which I didn't want you to show you
That I knew
Of all the smoke on your shirt
On your tie

I was so young then
Thinking back now
Not knowing why you had smelt like that
So bad of a scent
Not knowing why you had to act so strange
Even around our family

"It's a family celebration Chris" your mother said.
"Can't you at least act like you're enjoying it?" She continued on
My Aunt
Your mom
As she kept reminding you

And all you did
By the end of that night
Was get up and walk away
Heading for another place
Asking me to come along

I had gotten up
All ready to go
When here comes my mom
Grabbing me
Making me stay away

Now I know
That you had just felt alone
You just wanted someone to be with


But now seeing how things have become
How they are today
Things really don't get better
The truth eventually comes out
People say we learn a lot through age
With age comes wisdon
But wisdom is taken for granted

We've all grown up
We've all changed
I miss how we were
So innocent
So young
But looking at you today
I don't know what else to say

Not many people like you
Actually most can't stand you
You've become the "black sheep"
The outcast of our family
I can still honestly say
That I'll always love you

But Chris,
You did this to yourself.
I love you
And I miss you
More then you'll ever truly know

I may act like a kid around you
Though I haven't seen you in years
I wish I could truly go back to that night
Or have that night repeated now
I would so have tried to stop you
Cause thats the night
That one single night
That everything
Fell apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment